I am a recent graduate from Nottingham Trent University, with a First Class Honours degree in Theatre Design. I have obtained in-depth knowledge of the process and principles of designing for a performance space, in addition to developing an adaptability in working with various production contexts and companies. I have been successful in managing and coordinating performers and production teams within both theatre, and film, productions. Fulfilling the roles of director, editor, and lead designer for several devised performances, responsible for researching, developing, and communicating, design schemes and storyboards. I seek to build a transferable skill-set, and gain experience within both these creative disciplines.
Self-motivated, and hard-working, I am looking for a challenging and professional environment, to further develop my creative skill-set, working on large scale productions at leading companies within the industry.
Nottingham Trent University (2015-2018)
BA First Class Honours Degree in Theatre Design
Birmingham Metropolitan College, Sutton Coldfield (2013-2015)
UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma - Grade Distinction - Art and Design (QCF)
Aldridge Secondary School (2008-2013)
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate: Art and Design - Grade Distinction*
OCR Design and Technology: Graphic Design - Grade A
OCR Level 2 National First Award: ICT - Grade Distinction
Advanced Short Takes: The Art of Short Filmmaking - film course at the MAC Centre, Birmingham (Jan-Apr 2019)
Advanced course working with a crew of five to produce a short film within a five week period.
Scouted for film locations and communicated on a weekly basis with cast and crew.
Further developed my skills for writing and storyboarding.
Told by an Idiot: 'Our Cool Cousin': A two day workshop, Toynbee Studios, London (28th-29th March 2019)
An intensive and highly practical workshop which explored the dynamic between theatre and cinema, collaborating with a group of directors and theatre makers.
Led by Artistic Director Paul Hunter, the workshop examined visual narrative, editing, music, sound and finding a collaboration with a writer.
Investigating how film language can influence the creation of theatre.
Short Takes: The Art of Short Filmmaking - film course at the MAC Centre, Birmingham (Sept-Dec 2018)
Taught by BAFTA award winning director Michael Clifford, I gained experience operating several cameras, and recording sound.
Selected for the role of Director and Editor for a short film. I managed a crew of six, and was responsible for storyboarding.
Building a Film Directing Career Masterclass, Raindance, London
Led by feature film director Simon Hunter, we were presented with a crash-course outlining the knowledge, skills, equipment, and finance required for making short and feature films.
Prague Erasmus Programme - Vocational and Cultural Placements and Exchanges (Jan 2015)
A three week trip to Prague, collaborating with students from the Higher Professional School of Applied Art, Žižkovo, studying stage design.
Studying the architecture of both historic and modern buildings situated within the city of Prague.
Birmingham MAC 48 hour Film Challenge (December 2018)
• Director and Editor to manage a film crew of six and produce a storyboard for a 7 minute film within a 48 hour period.
The Television Workshop, Nottingham (Jan - March 2018)
• Selected as Set Designer, and Lighting Designer for a Masked Devised Performance.
• Responsible for the construction of the main set pieces, in addition to sourcing props and materials.
• Managing the budget for the production.
Nottingham Clarendon College (Oct - Dec 2017)
• Selected as Set Designer, storyboard artist, and Lighting Designer for an Installation Dance Performance.
• Collaborating with a costume designer and a team of dancers to establish the overall design concept for the performance.
True North Television Productions, Leeds (June 2017)
• Work experience with sound and editing on a documentary for two days, working alongside industry professionals.
Birmingham Pride (Sept 2015)
• Voluntary work as a Makeup artist, communicating with performers, creating high quality designs in a short time span.
Birmingham Zombie Walk (May 2015)
• Voluntary work for Makeup/Prosthetics, communicating with members of the public, creating unique designs tailored to the customers wishes.
Aldridge Youth Theatre (Oct - Nov 2013)
• Voluntary work as scenic painter for a pantomime production of Cinderella.
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO